Popular Posts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Venice

I was so close to purchasing a ticket to Botti's Friday, May 27th Chukchansi show this morning... but I didn't. That's UFC 130 weekend and 'technically' I should be at the Grand Garden for the weigh in, fight club Q&A and autograph session. Truth is there isn't much I can't solve via my CrackBerry and my team could run it without me; the Grand Garden does UFC a lot. But to give DQ peace of mind, I'm staying put in Vegas. 

I'll offset my disappointment that weekend by passive-aggressively blasting Botti in my office, wearing my iShuffle when I'm out in the arena & hitting my Happy Place @seablueLV. Speaking of Seablue, my friend Melissa, the sommelier there just told me she's leaving in about a month. She and her boyfriend are moving to Italy. I didn't know this but apparently she specializes in Italian wines so it makes sense. I admire her courage to pick up and go. I asked her, "Why are you leaving?" Her response matter-of-factly, "Why not." Love that about her. I hope to visit her one day. Venice sounds great in the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment