Popular Posts

Monday, March 21, 2011

I Need A Dollar

My friend Beth, Hopcraft & me
Today was a lazy day. Woke up late, tweeted for a bit, opened the blinds and laid in bed with the dog while the sun hit our faces. At some point he nudged my hand with his snout as if to say, "Hey fat ass. Get up and take me for a walk." So we did. It was chilly for the first day of spring but I like it crisp. George Bennett didn't mind either. 

I managed to shower and go get a haircut and pedicure. I told myself I could treat myself to the pedicure but only if I went grocery shopping afterwards. I absolutely loathe that pedestrian task. I know, I know. I should be grateful for the luxury, and I am. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop bitching about it. Aside from the actual act of picking out the provisions I think the part that irritates me more is knowing that I have to actually DO something with it when I get home. Cook. Or more accurately, prepare. I don't really cook. For the past several months my idea of cooking consists of chopping chives, green, red & yellow peppers, carrots and ham into little bits, throwing that all into a big bowl with spinach, some fresh pepper, dill and parmesan with a drizzle of vinaigrette. Sounds lovely and it looks nice but after eating 100 bowls of it, it gets old. If someone wired $15 million into my account the first thing I'd get is a personal chef. No question.

While chopping those vegis today I listened to a great new artist named Aloe Blacc (@aloeblacc). I was turned onto him from a tweet from the Cosmopolitan (@Cosmopolitan_LV). They're the new hot Vegas property. I know I shouldn't give props to a non-MGM Resorts International hotel but you can't deny the truth. They are tremendously smart about using social networking sites and they're doing all the right things to create a buzz and attract the right people to their hotel. I still haven't been there but I hope to take M to STK (if things go well). Even if they don't go well I owe Chef Hopcraft a drive-by. He's been at STK (@STKLasVegas) for over 4 months and I have yet to see him in his new digs. He used to be the Executive Chef at my Happy Place, Seablue (@SeablueLV) before he defected to where the beautiful people play. I love that kid. He's the kind of guy you want at your party. He's not the life of the party, he IS the party. Some of my favorite memories are after hours at Seablue with him at the bar shooting back tequila, sneaking a couple cigs. 

I Need A Dollar so back to the grind tomorrow. Lady Gaga is on Friday. Her production team is so cool to work with and her fans are crazy-fun so I'm looking forward to that show. Plus it's on a Friday so I'll have a rare 'normal' weekend off. Bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment