Popular Posts

Monday, March 14, 2011

Forever, Forever

From Google Crisis Response
A massive 8.9/9.0 magnitude earthquake hit the Pacific Ocean nearby Northeastern Japan at around 2:46pm on March 11 (JST) causing damage with blackouts, fire and tsunami. 

I toyed with not posting my Cotto vs. Mayorga blog the other night. With the devastation going on in Japan it seems ridiculous to talk about ring walks, attendance figures and idiotic complaints. I posted because in the face of disaster we all must go on, move forward, continue. 

I am moved by the composure & humanity of the Japanese people. I've seen a couple of Tweets and read a news story tonight that there hasn't been a single case of looting. One TV report showed an elderly man handing Diane Sawyer food. She tried to give it back but he insisted. He was oblivious to the cameras and had no idea who she was, other than human. That's a direct result of fostering many centuries of a culture of respect, dignity and grace. It's hard to imagine what's going on there right now. I'm tapping away on my MacBook Air writing a senseless blog and they're watching their love ones wash up on shore with the tide. I'm sipping on Pellegrino; they haven't showered in days. Even on my worst days I've got a support system as deep as a Minnesota 7-layer salad. I wonder who supports them now? I guess the nation of Japan supports itself in itself. That is remarkable.

In remembrance of all who have perished, for those who will never be found and for those who are living this unthinkable tragedy that keeps unfolding - you are in my prayers Japan, in the notes of Keiko Matsui, perhaps the most famous Japanese jazz pianist, Forever, Forever

Donations for relief aid to the victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami can be made thru the Red Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment