Popular Posts

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Monday. I don't normally go to work on Mondays because I'm usually working Saturdays but Gaga was on a Friday and no one really cares that I drove to Riverside, CA to see Chris Botti on Saturday. Technically that wasn't really work so it's back to the grindstone. 

I don't mind though. Coming up on Sunday, April 3 is the Academy of Country Music Awards (ACMs) at the Grand Garden. ACMs come with some of the greatest people I've ever worked with. I'm not a fan of country music - at all - but they make this event so fun. Yes, it gets nuts and occasionally we butt heads but then have a good laugh at the end of the day. My friend Erick has the 2nd best laugh on the planet. (1st goes to Adam: you know you deserve it!) It kinda sounds like Barry White suffocating while moaning and inhaling, "AH, OH." Deliciously absurd. I love it. Nothing better than a laugh that makes you laugh.

I love this show for other reasons too. This was my first awards show I help construct operationally from the ground up. It's kind of like my baby, my legacy for when I leave the Grand Garden. I'm extremely proud of the relationships I've built with them and even more proud of the sustained friendships. That's what makes this job great, tolerable even. You can put up with douchebags in house for 24 hours or ridiculous clueless convention clients for shows like this. At the end of the year you just hope the good ones outweighed the bad ones. If they did you smile to yourself thinking of the memories. If they didn't you pat yourself on the back for not telling anyone to go fuck themselves... at least to their face.

And on that note, I think I'll call it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment