Popular Posts

Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Probably Me

I pulled a classic double booking tonight. I met up with my friend Brent and his girlfriend Katie at Seablue for drinks around 6ish. I thought they had tickets for KA tonight so I was planning on maybe 45 minutes with them. Turns out they're going to see KA tomorrow night so we spent a couple hours catching up. It was so fun to hear stories and get to know Katie. Great girl. Smart. They're one of those sickeningly beautiful couples we all love to hate. Problem is, you can't hate them because they're so fun.

By the time 8.30p rolled around I was famished so I said goodbye to the adorable couple and headed back into Seablue for dinner. I shot M an email to see if he wanted to join me. I was pleasantly surprised he was able to sneak away for a bite. These dinners & chats in my office have become comforting & comfortable to me. I missed them when I was away over the weekend. Dangerous stuff. I know I shouldn't play with fire but I can't help myself. He's just one of those people you want to be around. I've only got him for 2 more days so hopefully we can spend at least more dinner up at my Happy Place again. If you see an Asian girl with long black hair and a smile on her face at the end of the bar by the well at Seablue It's Probably Me. Pop over and say hi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment