Popular Posts

Friday, March 18, 2011

Diamond Ring

Tomorrow is Bon Jovi. They're one of the all time best performers I've ever seen at the Grand Garden. I'm not a fan of Bon Jovi's music but I love how they connect with their audience like scarcely any other, much like Chris Botti does with his but on a grander scale. Botti is more intimate, more upscale, more refined. Bon Jovi is a rock band, in every true sense of the word. Jon Bon Jovi has a great rock voice. Some of his acoustic tunes with Richie Sambora are fantastic. It's such a cool thing to hear 15,000+ people singing Living On A Prayer in unison. A couple of years ago I caught a song or 2 from our house mix position and literally got chills. That's the first time I realized what a great live band Bon Jovi was. 

I wonder if Botti & Bon Jovi teamed up what song they'd do. Obvious choice is Hallelujah. Bon Jovi does a rendition that's soulful and raw. Less obvious but an interesting option might be Diamond Ring or maybe Drinking Again

In keeping with my attempt to see at least some parts of all the concerts I work on from here on out at the Grand Garden I plan on catching a song or two from the fan's perspective. I'll post a late-night recap tomorrow. I do have a meet & greet scheduled. Hopefully it will be someone who is a fan and not just a rich son-of-a-bitch who could care less and is just doing this because he can. I just need to make it thru to 9.30p. Then I'm golden. But just in case I'm bringing my happy pills... lots of them. I have a feeling I'm going to be passing them out like Tic Tacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment