Popular Posts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Born This Way

I'm headed to my next Chris Botti show on Saturday. It's in Riverside, CA - short jaunt from Vegas. Just what I need to recharge my emotional batteries before the true madness of the Academy of Country Music Awards starts next week. But before then comes Lady Gaga on Friday. Her new single Born This Way is #1 on Billboard and #1 on Top 40. 

She's been to the Grand Garden Arena before. Last August I think. I didn't get to see much of that show because there was lots of patron drama throughout so I vowed this time I'd try and take in as much as I could. Last time I got stuck talking down a bi-polar mad woman who may or may not have been doped up on something, or maybe she wasn't doped up on something and that was the problem. It was exhausting but part of the job. Unfortunately that lasted for over an hour before security dragged her away. I felt bad for the first 30 minutes she pleaded her case to me why she should be allowed back into the arena after being kicked out and I actually was sympathetic and tried to help her, but by minute 31 I was ready to be done with it. I love me some Botti but I'm never going to pitch a tantrum and bawl my head off because I didn't get to see him or threaten harm to myself or others if he doesn't get my personal message. It's when you witness the desperation and true fanaticism that you start to feel for celebrities. I get that they shouldn't bitch that every toilet seat they sit on isn't a new factory sealed one but no one deserves to be hunted by crazies. 

People come out of the woodwork when the arena has high-demand, high-calibre artists. Not only friends, business associates & acquaintances asking for hookups but employees who give every excuse in the book why they need to be at this show. It's comical. There's a page on Facebook literally called I hate people that only call me for free tickets. Close to 31,000 people like it. There's nothing more annoying than getting a text or DM from someone you haven't spoken to in ages asking for a hook up. 

I hope to do a full blog on Gaga just like the past couple of shows. So hang up the Telephone, put on your Poker Face, tell all the Boys Boys Boys that you're Starstruck & Speechless but oh So Happy I Could Die. Tell Alejandro & the Summerboy you're done with the LoveGame & the Bad Romance and that you're gonna Live Your Life making Money Honey, just Chillin. And with that Eh, Eh Nothing Else I Can Say

No comments:

Post a Comment