Popular Posts

Sunday, March 20, 2011

It Never Entered My Mind

It's cold, windy and rainy in Vegas tonight. It's just me, my dog & a late night bottle of Pellegrino. Insomnia has set in. That's not a good combination on a Sunday night. Too much time to think about what might be. My heart says, "Maybe this could be great." My head says, "Has it ever worked out to be great?" In the end it will probably end up being the latter but until I know for sure the promise of "Maybe this could be great" is enough to keep me hopeful. I'm inclined to just ask him, to talk about the big pink elephant in the room. I've got nothing to lose but my self-esteem, and really, like I can't regrow it like a lizard regrows a tail. I'm not afraid of rejection. I'm afraid he'll say something like, "It Never Entered My Mind." What's worse than repudiation? Indifference. It's hard to recover from never being a consideration. This is going to be an interesting couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment