Popular Posts

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Down Under

Today was beautiful in Vegas. 80 degrees, sunny, tiny breeze. Spent the greater part of the afternoon working out outdoors. Then took the pooch for a long walk. It was one of those great unremarkably remarkable days.

I hemmed and hawed whether or not to buy a ticket to Botti at Wolf Trap outside of DC in August. In the end I passed. I would love to see him at that historic outdoor venue but I couldn't get a good seat. The actual ticket price is cheap. It's all the travel and expenses that make a bad seat not quite worth it. Yeah, I could probably call a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy to get a better seat, but I'm trying to do The Year of Botti as just me, a regular fan buying tickets like everyone else. Maybe that's stupid but it's part of the experience.

Checking Pollstar looks like there are some other upcoming dates I can hit. He's playing in Australia in June. Talk about expensive t&e. Actually, that's someplace I'd spend some cash on. Might have to look into that one. I could use my Air to work in a land Down Under for a week. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment