Popular Posts

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Morning

Went to church again this gorgeous Sunday Morning. I liked listening to Dr. Harper last week at Green Valley Presbyterian so I gave it another shot. Smart, not preahy - no electric guitars or tambourines. I'm 2-0 since Easter. Oh how my parents would be proud.

I walked in, sat on the right side this time and saw the communion on the table. I can't even remember the last time I had communion. I was thankful to see that they did it the same way as at home. I'm sure every Presbytery does it pretty much the same. Makes sense. Consistency.

Today's service was exactly what I needed. Thoughtful and calming.

When I walked out Dr. Harper shook my hand and said, "Your expressions give me encouragement." Huh? It took me so off guard that my only comeback was to stammer, pat him on the arm and say, "You're welcome." It was kind of comical actually. But for some reason I liked that he actually noticed me sitting alone near the back. Maybe it's a sign. Or maybe I'm just an obnoxious manipulative scumbag that seeks attention from everyone, including the pastor. Let's pray it was a sign...

No comments:

Post a Comment