Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Love Brings Change

Tonight I had dinner with Burt Watson at Seablue. We make a point to have dinner one night each time he's in town. He is truly my dearest friend and confidante. He has my best interest at heart and always calls me on my bullshit. Burt and I go WAY back, back to the days when I  first started working in boxing over 15 years ago. For reasons I still can't explain we just hit it off and have been close ever since. 

Originally Counselor was supposed to go to dinner with Burt and me. He cancelled earlier; had a rough day. Wasn't feeling it. Then around 5.30p he text to ask if the invite was still open. We met at Seablue a little early for a drink before Burt arrived. We all had a blast. A great night of reminiscing, great stories about the dearly departed Jay Edson and the suitcases of cash he use to carry. The funny thing was we all - Burt, Counselor and I - all had stories about Jay. It was a great night.

The evening ended with another heart break with Counselor. He was probably the most honest with me that he's ever been but honesty isn't always fun. Love Brings Change but that's got to come from him, not me. He told me to move on, that he's not the guy for me, that I deserve better... speaking of better - tomorrow I'm going to dinner at Craftsteak with the Fireman, his mom and her 2 friends. Then we're all going to see KA. Should make for an interesting night. 

"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment