Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Does She Love That Man

Dinner at Seablue tonight. Started out with my friend Erick from ACMAs. Love that guy. LOVE him. I've had a great connection with him since the day we met. We went over both our lives for the past 4 months - post ACMAs. One of my strengths, I'd say my most powerful strength, is my ability to create and maintain relationships. Mine with Erick has been strong since we met. He's one of those men who I can tell anything, anywhere, anytime and he won't let me get away with anything. He walked me thru his view of my boy dramas. After an hour & a half he had to go and meet with another client. 

Later Counselor showed up at Seablue, sans sidekick. I know my friends at Seablue were wondering "Does She Love That Man." He warned me that his buddy was in the bathroom but that he was drunk. No surprise. I took full advantage of the time I had with Counselor to talk about normal stuff because once Boy Wonder arrived, he would occupy all the attention. We started to talk about our lives, what was happening with each of us, blah blah blah, and then comes Boy Wonder, stumbling in. I adore Boy Wonder. Under sober circumstances he's a good kid. But now days he's in pain having broken up with the love of his life. But I'm tiring of his drunken antics. I realize that's extremely hypocritical of me since I was him 5 years ago when I had my heart broken but it's still hard to handle & watch. Boy Wonder is hard to babysit. Counselor is at his wits end and I'm losing patience too. But I do get it. Heartache is hard. Everyone deals with it differently. It's never easy. The most we can hope for is to survive until another one steals our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment