Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Good Times

Had a great night at Seablue with mom, dad & Rodney. Good Times. My parents adore him. He's a great guy to bring to dinner. He's smart, funny and knows how to charm the hell out of Ward & June Cleaver. He's one of the few men in my life who never lets me down. He's always there for me, always does what he says he's going to do and never hesitates to help.

Rodney and I are purely platonic. No monkey business going on whatsoever. Never has been. We're perfectly content the way we are. He is undoubtedly among my best friends, closest confident and one of the funniest people I know. Whenever I need to be cheered up I call Big Rod and he makes me laugh, uncontrollably. You know, like when your face hurts, your stomach aches and your eyes water. No one can make me laugh like he does.

I'm glad I have this relationship with him. It gives me a great, healthy perspective on men. I realize men & women can be friends without an ulterior motive. I have a frame of reference so that when I'm in a relationship and my boyfriend says he's out having a drink with a female colleague or friend I know it doesn't have to be sinister. Maybe that's naive; I'm not an idiot. There are signs when things are awry. But to know first hand that I can have a friend like him - a man - helps to make me a more secure woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment