Popular Posts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Estate

Today was a productive day. I felt good. Alive. Started out with my morning workout. I jogged about 5/8 further than normal. I'm trying to work up to 1/2 a mile walk, 1/2 a mile jog for 4 miles. I'm close. I felt good jogging today too. Something clicked. I had the stamina to go further but wanted to pace myself. I know if I have a bad go of it I'll be discouraged from doing it again tomorrow so I'm playing it smart - by my standards anyhow.

Work was uneventful. We have the Billboard Music Awards in house. The technical production team is in and has been building the stage since last week. The operations team arrives tomorrow. I know I compare every awards show to ACMs but I can't help it. They're the best. They have the best team. We'll see how the Billboards stack up. 

Late tonight, around 7ish I was working on some revised estimates for McCartney when DQ came in. He doesn't often venture to my side of the offices - what I affectionately refer to as the south wing. He just plopped down into the chair to chat. It was so odd that I was like, "What? What happened?" "Nothing. I just needed a break and I haven't talked to you yet." We talked about stuff we'd normally talk about at lunch. We missed our lunch today because he got conned into a real lunch meeting with the boss to talk about some VIP celeb 70th birthday celebration event next year. The funny thing is I always go into his office and sit on his couch just to break up the day with idle chatter. I don't know why I thought it was odd when he came into mine. Maybe because my office is so small compared to his. I love my office but it's not made for guests - and I like it that way. My office is my office - not an ultra lounge or workspace for other people. I like my privacy and space. 

Not much is on my mind tonight so I think I'll go read some more of Ron Schuster's manuscript. Ron's one of my supervisors. He's written several manuscripts and has a book published. This is the first one I've actually read (or am in the midst of reading). It's actually pretty good. It's a murder, suspense, mystery novel. A girl is murdered on an island Estate. I'm impressed. Way to go Ron! 

No comments:

Post a Comment