Popular Posts

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stardust

Today was a good day. Started out with a little inspiration at Green Valley Presbyterian Church. Once again Dr. Harper shook my hand while exiting and said, "I appreciate your body language. It's very encouraging." I'm beginning to feel self conscious about it. What the hell is my body language saying while I'm at church. 

Happy 3rd Birthday George Bennett!
After church I headed back home to grab a leftover salad from last night and then took the dog for a long walk in the park. It was windy but it felt good. A family came over with their dog to see George Bennett and when asked how old he was I suddenly remembered it was his birthday. Actually I think it's tomorrow, the 30th, but the fact that barely remembered - yeah, I'm a bad mommie. Birthdays aren't a big deal to me so sometimes it doesn't occur to me that they're a big deal for others. I realize he's a dog and wouldn't know his birthday from the end of the world - my point is some things just aren't very important to me, and I'm not sure why. 

After the walk I stopped by Target. I spent $100+ but luckily one of my twitter followers sent me a $50 American Express gift card for hooking him up at the Pacquiao vs. Mosley weigh in. Totally unnecessary, completely unexpected and 100% classy. He's coming back to Vegas with his wife in a couple months so I hope to spend a little more time with them, probably at Seablue. I love meeting new and cool people. 

1998 La Grande Dame
I had zero desire to go to the grocery store so instead I hit my 2nd favorite sushi place. 808 Sushi. They've got great Ahi and Tako Poke. Not as good as Sushi Fever but close. So George Bennett and I spent the evening watching BAD TV & eating sushi. Now he's asleep on the couch and I'm enjoying one fine bottle of Veuve Cliquot. The 1998 Ponsardin La Grande Dame that Scott Hamilton bought me for hooking him up with the Police show ages ago. It's been sitting in my closet for about 3 years, just waiting for a special occasion. For some reason while listening to Harry sing Stardust I thought, "Tonight is the night." Nothing remarkably good or bad about today. It just felt right to pop the cork. And God does it feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment