Popular Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

Seven Days

I'm shooting for eating out all Seven Days this week. Just need to find a place to go Saturday and Sunday and my mission is complete. 

Had dinner tonight with Mike at Seablue. Sat at the end of the bar by Bill. It's been over a month since I've spoken to him and we both had a lot of catching up to do. We were there for a couple hours. The first hour was him getting me up to speed on his life; then me telling him about mine. It was good to talk to him. He's one of the few people, maybe the only person, who can not only read me but cries, "Bullshit!" He knows when I'm lying to myself - and calls me on it. I need someone like that in my life. He's the only one who will tell me the truth, harsh as it is. And I'm grateful for that.

Yesterday afternoon I got a letter at work from the District Attorney's office. It said I was a possible witness in a criminal case and may be called to testify. I had Counselor look at the letter last night at dinner. He took the case number and said he'd look into it but he didn't get back to me so today I googled the defendant and it was one of the ticket scalpers from Pacquiao vs. Mosley. The man was charged with being a fugitive, obtaining money under false pretenses and destroying evidence. Earlier this morning I called the court to get more info and the woman said that I would indeed be served a subpoena today. Court date is set for Tuesday, May 24 but it may settle before then. I was amazed they got the initial letter to me so quickly. The fight was just last weekend. I didn't think anything in the criminal justice system worked that fast. Apparently the defendant wasn't able to post bail/bond so that's why there's a quick court date.

I let one lawyer back in my life a month ago and suddenly I get jury duty and subpoenaed. Kind of funny actually. I seem to find humor in more things lately. It's a direct result of being happy. I'm sure of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment