Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What A Girl Wants

The ACM stage in pieces
So much to tell but for now What A Girl Wants is bed. Tomorrow it's all about the official arrivals of Morales & Maidana @ the MGM Grand. Five days of boxing then off to Mexico for a little r & r. Can't wait...

Back at it around 10.30a. The arena floor looks like one big erector set. My favorite part is watching the strike. It's amazing that everyone knows exactly where each piece goes, bit by bit. It's a masterful dance, truly with the production manager, stage manager, executive producer, lighting designer, riggers & stagehands all working like a symphony. I love it. 

The remnants 5 hours later
At the same time the ACMs are loading out, Golden Boy Promotions is moving in with Morales vs. Maidana. So far it's just a couple staffers in their production office. We ramp up to a full show by tomorrow. Arrivals for the fighters were today. I missed them. I was at a strategic lunch with the 2/3rds of the Brain Trust and by strategic lunch I mean we had to get the hell off property. We're all going a little stir crazy being trapped in here for 2 weeks. 

The rest of the day is uneventful. I'm not fan of boxing as a sport but the people are like family to me so it makes all the fire drills and drama ok. We just kind of yell at each other, get thru it and then kiss & make up after. It's a blast. 

Tomorrow are closed workouts for the press. Very uneventful. I could use an uneventful day, gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment