Popular Posts

Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day

AO & AZ @ SB
Last night I had dinner at Seablue with one of my favorite people on earth, AO. She's one of those souls that radiates positivity, but not in an I-wanna-smack-the-shit-out-of-you kind of way. I don't hang around people that dripping with happiness. Makes me vomit. More like an I'm-gonna-make-you-laugh-until-you-pee kind of way. Her laugh, infectious; her heart, ever expanding. AO owns a successful flower boutique in Duluth, MN called Angela's Bella Flora. (She sends me the best soaps EVER.) We reminisced about the college days back at DG. She reminded me of how they'd play pranks on me with my bed. Ok, so I'm a little fussy about things. I like them the way I like them. I'm not American Psycho about it but you should know that if you sit in the chair in my office it needs to go back, centered on the space between the 2 pictures and pushed back all the way against the wall. (Yeah, ok. Maybe a little psycho.) I've always been this way. Anyhow... back in college I had a featherbed. Everyday I made my bed, fluffed up the featherbed, down comforter & pillows nice and plump. When I came back from class there would be an imprint of a body in the middle of my bed. So me being me, I'd have to make the bed all over again. Drove me nuts. They thought it was funny to screw around with the fastidious one. 

Senior year at DG my room was right next to the Quad. Normally that room goes to the newbies but this year 4 seniors thought it would be fun to share 2 sets of bunk beds and bond. Quel nightmare. Yeah, opted for a single. But the walls weren't very thick and every morning I would hear the song It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day. AO would blast it at 8.00a. For most people 8.00a isn't necessarily early but for me it was. I was the girl who successfully graduated in 4 years from the University of Minnesota and only took 2 morning classes. I can't prove it but I think subconsciously I changed my major from mechanical engineering to film simply because all the math & physics classes were in the morning & the movie classes were always at night. 

Tonight I'm having drinks (yes at Seablue) with another college friend, Dave. I adore him too. He's got a funny way of saying my name. "a-ME" while bobbing his head. He's one of those super-sexy hot gay men with money to burn, a lifestyle all would envy & a heart of gold. I'm a lucky girl to still have friends like this who wanna hang with me while they're in Sin City. Lucky indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment