Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Isn't She Lovely

Tuesday. Day 2.5 in Meh-he-ko. Getting into a groove down here. I found out my CrackBerry actually gets reception down here so naturally I'm tweeting. I though MGM blocked all international service. I'm probably gonna get handed a bill next month for $2,000 in roaming data charges. 

I got a massage, facial & pedicure this morning. The woman who handled all 3 was Sylvia. She might have been 100lbs frozen wet in a down parka. She spoke English about as well as I spoke Spanish. Sylvia taught me my new favorite Spanish word: cosquillas - tickle. The massage was average, facial poor and pedicure abominable but my expectations were low and she was so sweet I didn't complain. That's the Minnesota-Nice in me coming out. I even tipped her 30%. Hell, the dollar is strong in Meh-he-ko and her warm smile was worth it. I kept thinking, "Isn't She Lovely."

But as I'm sitting there watching her paint my toenails Rosa Mexicana I wondered what things were on her mind? While I was daydreaming about what this trip might have been like had I come with M instead of the girls - what was she thinking about? What to make for dinner? I hate giving pedicures? In this economy I'm happy to have a job? Is American Idol on tonight? This girl's 4th toe is missing a joint? Or maybe she was as focused at her job as I get with mine - not thinking about anything but the task. Naa, I'm pretty sure she was daydreaming too.

No comments:

Post a Comment