Popular Posts

Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy People

I went to dinner with Counselor tonight. Well, technically, I had dinner. He just nibbled off my plate. After I text him an 'oops' about drunk dialing him last night he asked what I was up to this weekend and we ended up meeting at Seablue. It's funny. Despite not having been around him for over 4 years we picked up right where we left off. Things are a little different - we're both different - but there's a remarkable familiarity between us that will never go away. 

He asked me to go with him to a housewarming party of one of the partners in his law firm tomorrow night. I said I'd go to that if he went to dinner with my parents and me when they're in town in a week or so. Deal. I'm not sure what's happening with us and I'm not really concerned about it. Right now I think we're both just Happy People, maybe not fully happy with every aspect of our lives but happy to be in each other's lives again, to whatever degree. I'm a different person than I was 4 years ago, hell, 1 year ago. My perspective on things has changed and I'm no longer concerned with making other people happy. I'm all about making myself happy. If you want to hop on board, I promise you'll have a blast. The more the merrier. But if not, I've got zero time for you and will kick your ass off the train in a heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment