Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Honey

Tonight was Trubes' birthday. We kept to our regular routine of TWR: Tuesdays with Rodney so Trubes, Sumo, MP, Rodney, Trubes' friend Andy & I all headed to Fiamma for dinner and drinks. I don't know when this started or who started it but this past year we've been occasionally ordering sushi from Shibuya, the restaurant across the way from Fiamma. It's kind of high maintenance and rude of us to sit at the bar in one restaurant and order food from another and have it delivered but Fiamma is really good to us. I'd go to Shibuya but it doesn't have a bar. Even though I'm not drinking alcohol for the next several months I still like sitting at a bar versus a table any day, and that includes a sushi bar.

We ordered an obscene amount of sashimi, peppers, cod, rolls & nigiri. It was so delish. I've loved sushi since my childhood best friend Terri introduced it to me in college. Of course I'd had it before but she is the one who took me to an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant called Origami in downtown Minneapolis in the warehouse district. This was WAY before sushi was trendy and in every strip mall in America. It's still there and one of my fave places back home. Terri and I went there last time I saw her when I was back in the Twin Cities. But lately, I've more than loved sushi. I've been craving it. This much sushi isn't good for me. I need to vary my diet a little more and get balanced. At least it's lean protein and healthy. 

Trubes' birthday desert surprise
courtesy of Jon from Fiamma
Since it was Trubes' birthday Fiamma couldn't let the night go by without a little goodie. Did I mention they're really good to us? Actually it's Jon the bartender who takes such great care of us. He, like Bill, Gretyl & Ali @ Seablue, has become a friend. Last Christmas Jon was so sweet he bought us all Christmas gifts. I got chocolate and candles. Simple and sweet. Perfect.

Everyone took off while Rodney and I stayed for another hour or so and caught up on gossip, our lives and weekend plans. He's got Kevin Hart @ Mandalay Bay on Saturday night. I'm gonna go and hang out in one of the suites but not sure if it will be solo or if I'm gonna ask M to go. He comes into town on Thursday for the ACMs. I haven't seen him since last year's show. He asked me out to dinner on Thursday night. At least I'm not drinking and won't blurt out something like, "Come on Honey, so what's the deal? Why did you send me roses on Valentine's Day last year and then proceed to talk about some girl you are 'kinda' dating back in LA." This should be interesting...

3 comments:

  1. thats a dude trying to keep you on the line. its a bit shady but it is what it is. as long as your expectations are not high i would probably view them as nothing more than a friend. but my opinion doesnt mean much so i am not trying to be rude, but this is interesting reading while keeping me from doing actual work and i feel somewhat compelled to reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaaha! Funny. I write these things to keep me from thinking about work! He's a good guy. Men are just confusing sometimes. They don't realize how CRAZY women are and how we can totally misconstrue their actions and words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, i am jelous of the concept of the blog, but if i wrot my true opinions on what i had going on i would probably be nervous of getting judged for some goofy ass reason. i respect it. and coming from a guy, both sides are equaly nuts. not just women.

    ReplyDelete