Popular Posts

Monday, April 30, 2012

You Are Not Alone

Tomorrow is the official start of fight week. Mayweather vs. Cotto. Tuesday we start with the media circus also known as the arrivals. Because the name of the fight is Ring Kings, apparently, there's going to be a throne in the lobby of the MGM Grand. Great. What a treat.

Normally I love fight weeks. I know all the players, I get to have lots of fun dinners & convos with my pals in the industry. I'm a schmoozing machine. But this time I'm really not looking forward to it. I am going to dinner with my friend Cindy from HBO @ STK on Thursday. Now THAT I am looking forward to. There aren't many females I like working with and even fewer I call friends in this business. Too much drama and idiocy with many of them. But she's one of the best. We're like sisters from another mother. She handles all the big parties and celebs for HBO. Much like me people don't understand that while we work on big events, our jobs aren't glamourous - we don't hang out with George Clooney (well, she might) and we don't get paid big bucks (well, she prob does). Shit, I should go work for HBO. (Note to self, talk to Cindy about this.)

For this fight we're doing 2 press conferences, because one just isn't exciting enough. Wednesday @ Hollywood Theatre is the presser for Mayweather & Cotto and Canelo & Mosley and Thursday they'll do the rest of the undercard. Friday is the weigh in @ the MGM Grand Garden Arena. And Saturday is the fight. Hopefully by Wednesday my attitude picks up. Fight weeks should be fun, not a pain in the ass. People coming to me for help should be flattering, not irritating. Problem solving should be satisfying, not torturous. Staff who just want someone to talk to should be my opportunity for generosity, not a moment to wish for a Steinway to drop on me or them (whichever is more convenient for God). All this no-drinking-no-red-meat-daily-exercise-crap has made me more bitter, less fulfilled and increasingly introverted. Great. So I'll live to be 100 years old, but alone because I've alienated myself. Tremendous job Amy. Bravo. Well done. But You Are Not Alone yet, so hang in there. There's light at the end of the tunnel you're in. Just be patient...

No comments:

Post a Comment