Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why

Goodbye M
I spent a couple hours in the office today. I had one of my least favorite parts of my job to do today - the dreaded boxing committee conference call. About four weeks prior to every major boxing event we do I set up a weekly conference call with key players from the promotion and the MGM. In this case it was Golden Boy, Mayweather Promotions and us. I loathe this call no matter who the promoter is or who is fighting. I've been trying to ween people off of these weekly calls but to no avail. In my 6+ years I have managed to get them from being in-person weekly meetings in our conference room to a conference call. It was such a waste of time for people to come all the way down to the arena for what could be done on the phone. Hell, this could all be done over email. But whatever. I was more irritated the call lasted so long and I almost missed M leaving. Luckily the car I ordered for him was late and I managed to run out to the porte to give him a hug goodbye before he left. He's such a sweetheart. I'll miss him. He's one of the good guys.

The office is going to be scarce the rest of the week. I put my out of office on around 4.00p today. I need some time away from that place - to regroup, to re-prioritize, to reexamine, to renew - to figure out what I want to do next. I'll prob end up heading in 1 or 2 days out of the next 5 with the dog but I'm leaving my out of office on and turning my CrackBerry to silent. Unless you're 1 of 4 people I actually want to talk to, you can wait until next week. I'm pretty sure the world will keep on spinning.

Motorcycle-guy was telling me at dinner the other night about getting a juicer so I can make vegi drinks. I told him I was trying to lose weight and get healthy again so he suggested I get one. He gave me some pointers on how to make it taste less, well, gross. He's a great cook & a pretty health conscious guy who knows about stuff like this. He said he hasn't had fast food in over 10 years. I don't eat it often, maybe once a month at most, but none in 10 years? Christ, I need a stack of White Castles at the very least once a year! Anyhow, I may go get a juicer tomorrow. Why? It's cheaper than a treadmill and it might be fun. Or it could be a waste of $200 and sit in a cabinet like the waterpic my dentist recommended I get. I predict the juicer will make as big a mess as the waterpic. We'll see. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment