Popular Posts

Friday, April 6, 2012

Honest

I was the last one out of work today. It's Friday before Easter weekend. I wasn't planning on even being in the office today but these convention clients are brutal and don't really know the meaning of tomorrow, or weekend, or later. They could care less if you just worked 18 hours on an awards show the night before or if your house just burned down. It's the sales team's fault for being so spineless and afraid of saying no that the clients' attitude is like that of a child who is a brat because his parents never taught him any better.  Sales. A necessary evil. 

I was just going to call Sumo II and pick up some sushi on the way home but thought I'd BBM Rodney to see what he was up to. "Come to Strip and meet me for a drink," he text back. Ok. On my way. 

StripSteak was pretty quiet. Sucks for business but good for me. I've never cared for crowds or loud restaurants or busy places where people crowd you. I like quiet & space. I got there before Big Rod, as always, and am greeted by Monica with a smile. Strip is my 3rd home behind Seablue & Fiamma

Hamachi @ Strip
I'm in the middle of this cycle of health so I ordered Saint Geron. Anthony the hot bartender popped over to say hi and was surprised I'm still on the wagon. Supportive though. I am starving so I order a double order of hamachi. I love this stuff. They used to have it at Seablue, which makes sense since they're both Michael Mina restaurants, but they don't anymore. It used to be my favorite. Sometimes I go to Strip just to get this. 

At some point after I finished my yellowtail the other bartender, who's name I cannot remember (which is odd for me), heard me talking about juicing. He perked up and ambushed me with all kinds of juicing facts, figures, recipes, recos on juicers & health stats. He was a bit of a zealot and it was all a little overwhelming, but adorable of him and I appreciated his enthusiasm. He wrote down a simple recipe for me on the back of a coaster. It's funny how from one simple conversation with Motorcycle-guy the other day, now all the sudden juicing is all around me. It's true that what you focus on surrounds you. Time to focus on a single, 40-something, tall, successful, stable, social, funny, good looking, Honest man. That can't be harder to find than a juicer, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment