Popular Posts

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Heaven

The tailored white dress shirt. Is there a more perfectly crafted piece of fabric? I simply cannot resist a man in a dark charcoal suit, tailored white dress shirt, unfastened tie. God that gets me going. My love for the white dress shirt started way back in high school when I worked in the Mens Dress Shirt & Tie Department at Dayton's in downtown St. Paul. Those were the good old days. Assisting helpless, clueless men pick out shirts and ties to go with their Hart Schaffner & Marx suits. Heaven. I never appreciated it as much as I do now. Even back then I had a deep respect for classic, tailored, conservatively dressed men. Some call it boring, stuffy. I call it masculine and sophisticated. Athletic and European cuts are my favorite but not a lot of men can or like to wear those. I've also been into french cuff shirts lately too but you've got to be built like a modern-day quarterback or hockey player to pull it off. The only person under 6' I've seen it work for is Zippy. For 5'10" he cleans up tall. 

Ripping a man's shirt off him, having hot sex and throwing it over your naked body in the morning is nothing short of perfection. Smelling his scent on the collar of his shirt is one of my favorite things. I can't imagine why Julie Andrews didn't sing about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment