Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Love

Seablue - My Happy Place
I'm sitting at Seablue with my MacBook Air in my spot at the end of the bar. At this point in the night the place is empty so I don't feel like too much of an asshole with my Air out. I love this place. Words cannot describe how much I love this place... and the people who work here. They've seen me thru boyfriends, heartbreaks, new jobs, new homes, big events in my life, mundane events in my life, and so importantly saved me from myself many-a-time. In the past 7 years, Seablue has been one of the constants in my life. I've seen different chefs, different wait staff, different bartenders, all except for Bill. Bill's been with me from the beginning. He's sexy-hot and the smartest man I know when it comes to literature, history and (ugh) trivia, and a dear soul. We banter back & forth and he tonight he rolled his eyes when I came in and said, "Get a life," but he's truly one of the best guys I know. The kids here don't come come any better. I love the other restaurants - and I know a few :) - but none of them have the same family-feel to me as Seablue. Seablue is my First Love. And you never forget your first love.

No comments:

Post a Comment