Popular Posts

Friday, June 24, 2011

2011.06.24 Rush @ MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, NV

The opening sequence of Rush
Had an amazing night. I'm not a Rush fan but the production team is stellar. Very laid back, cool, Canadian. My good friend Tony is the head of venue security so we got together the night before for dinner. Reminisced about old times, old tours, new tours. Good stuff. Later in the evening his pals, Brian a lighting director and Ray a gear supplier joined us. 

Rush on stage @ MGM Grand Garden
But back to the concert. Like I said, I"m not a rush fan but man, do they put on a great show. A perfect combo of lights, performance, guitar, drums and vocals. It's hard to be a fan when the audience is so into it! 

Is that a monkey?
Tom Sawyer
Encore from stage left
No big incidents to speak of. The typical drunk 50 year olds who think they're in their 20s. We had 1 guy pee - yes whip out his wanker and pee - all over the row in front of him. This is what happens when old people try to act young. I know because I'm only 10 years from being one of those 50 year olds. But I have to believe that no matter how old I am I'm not peeing on anyone - well, at least in public :) or maybe when I'm 80 and wear Depends. 

We've had Rush in the building several times. It's a low maintenance show. Good crew. No VIP parties, lame tours, packages. Just a straight up rock show. It's nice to have one of those every once in a while. 

All in all a great night. Just what the doctor ordered before the circus better known as Britney Spears. Night night.

For a couple more crappy photos from my CrackBerry head to my FB page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment