Popular Posts

Monday, June 13, 2011

Love Won't Let Me Wait

George Bennett @ the arena
Started off the day with a sore throat and the beginnings of a cold. Shot myself full of Tylenol Cold & Flu and hit the road. George Bennett went to the groomer and I hit the shoe stores and got a pedicure. I had to run to the office for a bit so George Bennett got to run around the empty arena for a little. He loves that. It's one of the rare opportunities he gets to run free, hard, wild. I feel bad he has to be on a leash so much.

So when he finished running around the arena we headed back to my office. He knows the way so I thought, "Eh, no need for a leash." There was absolutely no one in the parking lot, so no one in the office - I thought. I open the doors to the admin offices and he books into the conference room. I hear a scream. Shit. We're not alone. Turns out DQ was having a meeting with the folks from a show we've got coming up. George knows how to jump onto the chair to get onto the table - that's how he gets to the top of my desk to sit. So hoppity-hop he goes. It was mortifying. Luckily the client was a dog lover and asked me to put him back onto the table so he could get a pic. Everyone had a good chuckle and I headed out tail between MY legs. Quel nightmare. 

A gift from Brian
When I got to my office there were goodies for me. Brian with McCartney's crew left me some great bottles: 2 rose champagnes, a red and a white. All excellent bottles, more than I'd ever buy for myself (or anyone else). I think they were probably left over from Paul's dressing room but hey, I could care less. I like good wine just like the next girl - and bottles given as gifts (even regifted) are just as lovely. A pleasant surprise indeed. 

All in all a good day. Got some great shoes. I'm excited to show D. He's the current flirtation. There's a lot wrong with me liking him because I kinda work with him. Not directly but enough to give me pause. Not sure how much longer I can keep up the flirting with him though without pulling the trigger. He's such a good man. Those are hard to find. And in my current state - Love Won't Let Me Wait any longer. I need a good man. I'm done with assholes... at least I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment