Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Both Sides Now

It's hard to see things from another person's perspective sometimes. I don't understand why people can't let go & move on. I really don't.

When I was at the University of Minnesota my senior year at Delta Gamma we all named our rooms. There was Mango Jam named after Mel & KK's favorite college band, Cook's Room which was in the basement, the uncreative Presidential Suite, the Quad & the Triple. Oh, and the Pit, which literally was a pit. I named mine ADMO after a sort of mantra I came up with in college. Accept it, Deal with it and Move On. ADMO. I still try to live my life that way. I get hung up on the "deal with it" part sometimes but mostly I have no problems letting go and moving on. In fact sometimes I let go and move on a little too easily. Don't get me wrong. I can hold a grudge like nobody's business but I don't think holding a grudge and moving on are mutually exclusive. I think you can do both.

I'm so full of disgust over being force-fed a particular situation in front of me that it's affecting everything around me, everything about me. It's so ridiculous and out of my control that I've worked myself into madness. It consumes me. Ire is seething out of my pores like scotch after a night of binge drinking. I've become the person I loathe. I'VE become the one who can't let go and move on. It's funny how life has a way of flipping things around on you. I see Both Sides Now. I get it. I understand the lesson. Time for me to let it roll off my shoulders like some of the idiotic complaints I get after a concert, have a good laugh and ADMO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment