Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap of Faith

This was just the beginning
It's Leap Day. I took the day off. Not because it's Leap Day but because I'm a little hung over. Last night was TWR (Tuesday's With Rodney). It started out a normal night @ Fiamma. We ordered a ridiculous amount of sushi and had it brought over from Shibuya. Yeah, kinda prima donna-ish but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. It was it's me, Big Rod, Trubes, Sumo & Rodney's friend Patrick. Patrick is absolutely adorable. Cute as hell. Tall, blond, looks great in a suit. Totally kissable. Just not the one for me.

So we finish up dinner and who pops in? Tequila-guy. I haven't seen him in a month @ the bosses holiday party. Jesus Christ he's hot. Every time I see him I never get over that. Never. He's tall, sexy, great hair, strong hands, successful, midwest boy, educated, great dresser, well traveled, polite, social - the perfect man, on paper. Well, aside from the fact he's kind of a male slut but when you look like that & have his credentials there's no shortage of women throwing themselves at you. I try not to count myself as one of them but in the end, I probably fall into that category. Much like everyone, I compartmentalize the boys in my life. There are ones I love as friends, one I am in love with and am trying to get over, ones I hook up with, ones I work with, ones I casually date. Tequila-guy needs to stay in his compartment. I can't handle him moving into another one just yet. We haven't hooked up since December and I think our time together has passed & that's ok. I'm good with that. He was fun while he lasted. But good Lord, why does he have to get better looking each time I see him. 

Tequila-guy and his buddy chat with some of our other pals who showed up at the end of the bar while Rod, Patrick and I start to have a conversation about sex, men, women & relationships. I love nights like this where I get to hear real, unfiltered guy-speak. It's so comforting to me when I know they're just as fucked up as we are. I know it's not a revelation but it's nice to have that notion reinforced. 

Night ended before I said anything girl-stupid (thankfully) and this morning I felt a little rough. I could have made it in today but what the hell. Leap Day only comes along once every 4 years - I'm taking advantage of it. Kinda wish I'd woken up @ Tequila-guy's place though. Yeah, I guess I'm not good with not hooking up with him lately. Probably doesn't help that he was the best sex I've ever had in my life either. Like, life changing. And for that I say, "Thank You Tequila-guy. Thank you." Today I might have to take a Leap of Faith and reopen this compartment...

No comments:

Post a Comment