Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Enough

Had a great dinner tonight with Rodney, Mindy and Rodney's friends Gary & Henry @ StripSteak. No surprise. They're a great groups of people. Laughed a lot. But the interesting part of the night was a text I received around 8ish. It was Motorcycle-guy. I hadn't heard from him in a couple weeks so I was pretty shocked. We met up at his Happy Place - The Office Bar. I walk in and there are a couple guys there too. I had met a couple of them before but hardly remembered. Motorcycle-guy had on a tee shirt & jeans. He looked comfortably cute. Kind of anti-Tequila-guy-looking but in a good way.

We have a couple of beers and he asks if I want to go grab some sushi with his buddy. I just ate @ Stripsteak an hour before but he says, "Awww, come on." What the hell, why not. I'd seen him about a month prior. That night text me asking what I was up to. I told him I was @ Seablue and he should come join me for a drink. Much to my surprise, he did. And he showed up in a suit jacket & jeans. He looked guuud. We had a couple drinks and he asked if I wanted to go back to his place because his pal in town (who I know too) was waiting there for him to make him dinner. It wasn't as strange a request as it sounds. It happened much more fluidly than I'm making it sound. We go back to his place and he starts whipping up dinner, like with side dishes and stuff. I just sit there and am amazed (and let's face it, completely turned on) by watching this man whip up ahi tuna (I think), some ricey-looking stuff that wasn't rice, some vegis and something else I can't remember. While he's playing Martha Stewart another pal shows up and he starts making some drink concoction. Jesus, who are these guys? This wasn't just a martini or a mojito. His pal was like squeezing fruit and measuring crap. I don't know but... it was delish.

Anyhow back to present-day. We hop into his swanky SUV and head to Tokyo Japanese off Sahara near Lotus of Siam. Apparently this restaurant is his version of Seablue because the owners knew him when we walked in. I liked that. We order and Motorcycle-guy asks me if I want to try Amaebi - live shrimp. Yep, the little (actually huge) fella was live and looking at me. "I'll try anything once or twice," I flirt. Actually it's true. Motorcycle-guy goes first, shows me how it's done. You basically grab the tail with one hand careful to not let the stinger get you and the head with the other. Then bite down on the body, the same portion you'd normally eat. It wasn't bad. Oddly it tasted like it does when it's cooked. The chef said they kind of starve the prawns so there's no poop in the vein. It also makes them less active so they're not moving around on the plate. Yeah, that's just fine with me. The only thing that creeped me out was when the shrimp's eye turned and looked at me. That was gross. And I think it was more disturbing that the eyes move independently of each other than anything. 

So we finish up some sushi and the chef's wife starts chatting with us. Thru some subtle conversation I find out Motorcycle-guy is a player. She mentioned something about how be brings in his many girlfriends. No this was not a lost in translation situation. He sheepishly admitted he's brought a girl or 2 there. "Well, I'm not one of them," I tell her. Not sure why I said that. Defense mechanism I suppose. Odd because I like this guy, actively pursued him & want to casually date him. But I can already sense I'm in the friend zone with Motorcycle-guy. I have no idea why he continues to text me. He's got plenty of money, he doesn't need my dining/drinking perks, he has his own hookups for tickets because of the business he's in. Ugh. So frustrating. I was pretty quiet on the ride home as he took me back to my car. As my dad says: Shit or get off the pot. Either date me or stop contacting me. I'm not interested in any more guy friends. I have enough. Enough

No comments:

Post a Comment