Popular Posts

Saturday, November 19, 2011

So I realize this post is incredibly late but... well, no one reads it anyhow so fuck off.

The Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight was epic - or so I've been told. I was drunkety-drunk drunk drunk. Not terribly but enough to not really care about the actual fight.

I got tot work around noon, pretty normal for me on fight day. I don't need to be there any earlier unless some idiot sponsor is hounding me, in which case I don't actually come in, I have my Savior Dave Westbrook handle it! But on this day, Dave was bored out of his gourd. He may not like days like this but I LOVE them!

So I get in around noon-ish (which anyone who knows me really means 1.00p-ish. I'm usually pretty prompt but when it comes to coming into work unless I'm picking up the boss-man Dan Quinn for lunch, my + and - is 60 minutes.

Nothing exciting going on but there's a different kind of spring in my step today. Big time fight days are always fun for me. The entire week. It's where I came from. It's full of the ridiculous characters that make up my professional past. Love (and despise) them!

So the day goes on like any other fight day. Anthem rehearsals, HBO tech check, NVAC pow wow. But today for  me, personally, is a little more special. Tequila-guy is supposed to show up. Now let me preface this by saying, I get tickets for lots of people. Tickets for shows that have been sold out for months, tickets that no one can get, but I have them. So I have 4 top price tics for Tequila-guy. Let me be clear: he NEVER asked me for them. I offered them up. I offered them up about 3 days prior. So come Saturday around 6.00p-ish I don't hear from him so I shoot him a text. "Not to be a nag but are you coming tonight? If not I need to unload these 4 tics." He responds something like he's sorry but he's got food poisoning. Whatever. So you're either puking or shitting. Still you can take 60 sec to send me a goddamn text to let me know you won't be needing the $5,000 in tics that I'm holding for you. Asshole. But I digress.

So I get doors open at 3.00p. It's not that I'm a control freak and have the need to do this on time; more so I want to relax and hang with the Brain Trust (Trubes, DQ & Zippy). Around 6ish Big Rod comes over. His birthday is only a couple days away so I'm especially attentive. He finally parks in his special spot I always hold for him next to the building (which much to my dismay he doesn't do for me @ Mandalay!) and we head to Fiamma.

We get to Fiamma and 

No comments:

Post a Comment